Swamy's Book Reviews

This blog will hold all the book reviews, including those which were earlier posted at www.blether.com That site has been closed and so I am keeping all those reviews here so that a prospective author/publisher and a publicist can decide whether I am a suitable reviewer for the book they are trying to promote. My latest reviews are also being uploaded here.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India

I am a Physicist, a Metallurgist and a Quality Management Professional, an Author, Editor and Reviewer. I review books mostly on Science Fiction, Management, Spirituality, Children's Fiction, Health etc. My reviews appear at Amazon, Shelfari, Bookpleasures and some Yahoo Groups.

Sunday, August 07, 2005

In The Beginning... There were No Diapers

In The Beginning... There were No Diapers Laughing and Learning in the First Years of Fatherhood
by Tim Bete

Published by Sorin Books

Category: Non-fiction / Humour
189 pages; ISBN: 1-893732-87-8

Rating: 8/10

Review

"In the Beginning... There Were No Diapers - Laughing and Learning in the First Years of Parenthood" by Tim Bete is, as is evident from the title, a humorous take on the parenthood. The title is self-explanatory and the book lives up to the promise. Certainly I laughed and though long past the stage of holding my boys with or without diapers, learnt a little more about the parenting skills. May be in a few years, when I become a grandparent, the skills will come in handy!

Tim writes well and writes with wit and humour, making liberal use of hyperbole. There is no doubt that the book will touch the typical American parent at the right spots.

The book is edited and printed well. It will make a good present to yourself or your friend who has just become a parent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home