Swamy's Book Reviews

This blog will hold all the book reviews, including those which were earlier posted at www.blether.com That site has been closed and so I am keeping all those reviews here so that a prospective author/publisher and a publicist can decide whether I am a suitable reviewer for the book they are trying to promote. My latest reviews are also being uploaded here.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India

I am a Physicist, a Metallurgist and a Quality Management Professional, an Author, Editor and Reviewer. I review books mostly on Science Fiction, Management, Spirituality, Children's Fiction, Health etc. My reviews appear at Amazon, Shelfari, Bookpleasures and some Yahoo Groups.

Sunday, August 07, 2005

Forrest Tales - The Secret of The Labyrinth

Forrest Tales - The Secret of The Labyrinth
by C.J. Lewis

Published by Publish America

Category: Fiction / Fantasy
140 pages; ISBN: 1-4137-1035-2

Rating: 8/10

Review

"The Secret of the Labyrinth" is the first of Forrest Tales, a series of adventures featuring Edward Forrest. Written as a juvenile fantasy, the book is an extremely good read for adults too. I couldn't put the book down except for brief intervals necessitated out of fatigue. I had to finish it in one day. The story is good, the style is mostly good and the characterisation is very good. Most of the time, author C.J.Lewis succeeds in painting a vivid picture in the mind of the reader.

The book is not only about powers of light and darkness, but also the story of courage, withstanding temptation, learning to forgive and ultimately learning to 'be in the light'. The last few chapters of the book are spiritually very uplifting. Whether the present generation children will resonate with the lessons presented by Lewis is a debatable point. But the book is certainly an inspiring addition to every school, library and I would add, every home too, where a child lives.

I found a few editorial glitches but they do not interfere with the enjoyment or understanding.

I compliment the author, C.J.Lewis for an excellent effort and look forward to more offerings from her pen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home